5.10.11

tricider. com

I think tricider is a very useful tool in that it gives each of the students to express their ideas freely ( as now students a re more free with online communication). For the shy students or for students who do not have self-confidence in the class, it is a very good way to make them participate easily in the activities. I would use it when I am teaching something which requires my students' comments and which requires their creativity. It would be nice to prepare them to the subject before the class by proposing an idea and waiting them to comment on this because as they focus on the thing I write, they would not forget what we are working on when they come to the class after a while. 
On the other hand, this tool could turn in an area in which the students write just to compete with each other and this competence could be dangerous because then they would forget the real aim behind it. 
I could add it to my teaching when I run a project with the students. I would want them to share their ideas day by day. They would design the project step by step with the help pf tricider. They could also benefit from other people's ideas. In my opinion, this is a very beneficial tool to share ideas.   

1 comment:

Steve Neufeld said...

Like all activities, TRICIDER would need to be used in a meaningful context. If you were to propose something that was not relevant or of interest to students, e.g., "What should Obama do to be re-elected in 2014?" you might not generate a lot of interest. However, if you were to ask them: "How many hours should students spend in class each day?" they might come up with some interesting ideas that let them explore their creativity and problem-solving. As long as you have given them the language to do this in the lessons, it should provide them with a meaningful context to practice and produce the language. But your point is KEY to making sure that this happens.